At Big Footprint, we believe that the impact of our work is the single most critical measure of our success; to that end, it is of utmost importance that we ensure that our clients are receiving massive value and education from our consulting.
To further expand our team, Big Footprint is seeking to fill the position of Paid Search Marketing Specialist. This individual will be responsible for formulating and executing paid search and other technical online media buying campaigns that drive leads and revenue for clients. You will be working with clients and business leaders to enhance the value we create for our stakeholders every day.
We’re taking resumes from individuals that have proven experience, fulfill specific characteristics, and are ready to take on challenges outlined below.
- You’re willing and able to work on multiple projects across multiple clients/businesses and industries. In addition to direct clients, Big Footprint holds a stake in a number of new business startups and you will be required to work across all of these, applying your expertise and creative value in multiple avenues.
- You have a minimum of 3 years of experience directly running paid search campaigns on Google, Bing, and Yahoo! with a strong understanding of conversion optimization and post-click strategies.
- You have experience in other common advertising platforms/networks such as Facebook, Linkedin, and DoubleClick for Search. You’re able to learn new platforms easily and enjoy discovering new ways to do things better.
- Ideally, you have agency experience and have directly communicated with or managed clients.
- You are a skilled researcher and have experience with multiple keyword research methods. Your research process is detailed and specific.
- You are an expert with Google Analytics and other tracking methods used for paid search.
- You have experience running landing page A/B tests and can formulate testing strategies to drive improvements in conversion rate.
- You are a skilled writer and communicator. You understand when and how to be diplomatic and consultative with clients and partners.
- You are a critical thinker. You can synthesize situational information to formulate new strategies.
- You are driven to solve problems that require taking an idea that lacks tangibility and creating tactical level execution that results in accomplished goals.
- You are proficient in all major Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, and Power Point. Your Excel knowledge is extensive enough to utilize spreadsheets to organize complex data sets for reporting and tracking.
- You have a basic understanding of SEO and how it relates to paid search strategy.
- You are willing to wear multiple hats and contribute to the business and client success in ways other than your core responsibilities. You understand this is critical to develop your well-rounded skill set and understanding the full scope of Big Footprint’s services and value for our clients.
- You are critical of your own work and take pride in doing things correctly the first time.
- Analyze and understand current client’s (and their competitors’) paid search strategies by utilizing keyword research, business research, and third party competitive platforms.
- Complete audits of existing paid search accounts to identify areas of weakness and opportunity for improvement.
- Develop paid search strategies for clients based on your expertise with PPC combined with your understanding of their business.
- Architect and build new paid search accounts for clients.
- Manage the day-to-day optimization and periodic reporting for client accounts.
- Implement Goals and Event tracking in Google Analytics as well as utilize other conversion tracking methods directly in paid search accounts.
- Develop weekly and monthly reporting processes that leverage account data, Google Analytics data, Excel, and pivot tables.
- Identify critical aspects of account changes and performance changes that should be communicated to clients through reporting.
- Interface and collaborate with other teams (both Big Footprint and the Client) to complete project goals.
- Communicate the value of programs and work completed by you and the Big Footprint team so that clients understand what they are paying for.
In order to complete the responsibilities above, this individual will have access to others who are experts at web development, organic search, and digital marketing strategy. Still, you are responsible for leading paid search accounts that are assigned to you.
- 3+ years digital marketing experience with a heavy emphasis on paid search management
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills – able to simplify complex strategies and topics in a friendly, approachable manner and present complex topics to Clients
- Flexible and able to juggle and complete multiple priorities and projects (internally and externally)
- In-depth knowledge of Google Analytics , Google Adwords, BingAds, and Microsoft Office as detailed above
- Have an understanding of statistical analysis and how to utilize it within paid search optimization
- Team player and self-driven to get things done
- Ability to solve problems and desire to enhance career by developing new processes and truly “owning” an area of this business
- Live in the Denver/Boulder/Front Range area or willing to move/commute there
- Extensive knowledge of successful paid search strategies that gain visibility for businesses
Goals & Measurement
Big Footprint expects the Paid Search Marketing Specialist to drive measurable results with Clients, communicate those results and the value, and gain renewals and client satisfaction. At the end of your first three months, it will be readily apparent whether you have grown into your role of truly owning the areas outlined above.
Big Footprint’s entire existence is based on our ability to drive value directly for our customers. Everything we do must drive this value or it detracts from our success and our client’s success. As a result, Big Footprint ties employee compensation to an employee’s ability to drive success.
When combining salary, performance bonuses, wellness incentives, health reimbursement arrangements, and other perks and contributions, the total compensation package at Big Footprint is meant to be bring the best people here.
We thrive as one business, one unit, and each member of the team must contribute value.
- The starting salary for this position will be determined based on the candidate’s breadth of knowledge, experience, ability to fill the role, and drive ROI.
- Compensation will include the opportunity to take part in a Health Reimbursement Arrangement, which can be used to cover health insurance premiums. Other benefits may also be available.
- Employees receive the opportunity to earn commission on projects they refer to the company and may be eligible for profit sharing or partner status based on contribution throughout their career.
- Employees receive 15 days of paid vacation in addition to most standard US Holidays.
- Employees also receive an allowance toward purchasing an annual ski and snowboard pass or using for other wellness activities.
- Employees are eligible for performance bonuses based on client results, and these goals are identified on a case by case basis.
What You Need to Know About Us
Big Footprint is a search-centric growth marketing agency providing digital marketing solutions customized for businesses with complex products, audiences, and digital predicaments. Founded in 2009 and headquartered in Denver, CO, Big Footprint is built on talent – the collective experience of our team creates value for our clients every day.
We leverage years of industry experience to implement solutions that generate meaningful results for B2B and B2C clients, while providing valuable insights into the marketplace.
We’re growing up fast, and looking for another genius to join us. At Big Footprint you’ll have the opportunity to “own” your role, hone your skills, and develop your professional portfolio while building “expert” status with our evolving network of clients and agency partners. You won’t have to take direction from anyone but your own instincts. You’ll be expected to dive into all aspects of the business and expand your context through ongoing education in the form of industry conferences, content, and collaboration with the rest of the team.