At Big Footprint, we believe that the impact of our work for clients and stakeholders is the single most critical measure of our success; to that end, it is of utmost importance that we ensure that our clients are receiving massive value and education from our service.
Big Footprint’s Client Success Engineer is an expert online marketer – a skilled writer and data analyst, with a passion for education and people.
You’re a proven leader who can contribute to our client value and success strategy. Big Footprint’s Client Success Engineer will own and manage the relationship post-sale for our top business and enterprise clients, quarterbacking strategy, execution, and communication.
You’ll be responsible for architecting and executing digital marketing strategies (and communicating the value we drive to Clients). You’ll be measured by your ability to drive Client value and renewals (with the intention of increasing the depth of our engagement) while ensuring the client’s marketing goals and our implementation team are aligned and met.
You will be proactive, drive our recommendations forward, and be intuitive and dynamic in a sense that you can work with different personalities and a broad range of customers who are in different phases of the customer lifecycle.
Informed, organized and generally curious, you love working with clients and ensuring their success.
Your experience is broad, and you understand the search ecosystem. You have “people” skills, you’re a great writer, but you’re also highly technical, love data, and understand the technical elements of web development and SEO, mobile search, conversion optimization, apps, and web analytics tools.
- Become the primary Client contact post-sales, quarterbacking strategy, implementations, and communication. You “own” the account and drive Client success and satisfaction.
- Establish a trusting relationship with clients (technology owners, stakeholders and executive sponsors)
- Interface and collaborate with other teams (both Big Footprint and the Client) to complete project goals
- Communicate our value and manage our role, answer questions, provide updates and data, ensure client enacts changes based on their best interest (if you have to Google what a 301 redirect is, you’re probably not the right fit 😉
- Analyze and monitor engagement progress, providing reporting on Client’s success metrics.
- Partner with the Sales team on any revenue opportunities to scope, sell, and drive value. Big Footprint specializes in “consultative selling” and you will be need to understand and excel in this concept.
- Establish core metrics with Clients and report against those metrics to illustrate value and gain renewals.
- Develop and evolve Big Footprint’s Client Onboarding process to ensure long-term success.
In order to complete the responsibilities above, this individual will have access to others who are experts at web development, paid search and organic search, and digital marketing strategy. Still, you’re the one pulling them in.
- 5+ years of digital marketing and account management experience (agency experience a plus)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills – able to simplify complex strategies and topics in a friendly, approachable manner and present complex topics to Clients in person.
- Flexible and able to juggle and complete multiple priorities and projects (internally and externally)
- In-depth knowledge of Google Analytics and Excel (and Powerpoint)
- Team player and self-driven to get things done
- Interest to grow technically and a problem-solver
- Live in the Denver/Boulder/Front Range area
- Preferred: Experience in project management/implementation – either as the driver or manager of a website project
- Extensive knowledge in all of the following: SEO, PPC, Web Analytics, Conversion Optimization, Email, Social, Best Practices of Web Design Development
Goals & Measurement
Big Footprint expects the Client Success Engineer to drive measurable results with Clients, communicate those results and the value, and gain renewals and client satisfaction. At the end of your first three months, it will be readily apparent whether you have grown into your role of truly owning the areas outlined above.
Big Footprint’s entire existence is based on our ability to drive value directly for our customers. Everything we do must drive this value or it detracts from our success and our client’s success. As a result, Big Footprint ties employee compensation to an employee’s ability to drive success.
When combining salary, performance bonuses, wellness incentives (i.e. ski pass), health reimbursement arrangements, and other perks and contributions, the total compensation package at Big Footprint is meant to be bring the best people here.
We thrive as one business, one unit, and each member of the team must contribute value.
- The starting salary for this position will be determined based on the candidate’s breadth of knowledge, experience, ability to fill the role, and drive ROI.
- Compensation will include the opportunity to take part in a Health Reimbursement Arrangement, which can be used to cover health insurance premiums. Other benefits may also be available.
- Employees receive the opportunity to earn commission on projects they refer to the company and may be eligible for profit sharing or partner status based on contribution throughout their career.
- Employees receive 15 days of paid vacation per year in addition to many standard US Holidays.
- Employees also receive an allowance toward purchasing an annual ski and snowboard pass.
- Employees are eligible for performance bonuses based on client results, these goals are identified on a case by case basis.
The Ideal Candidate
- You have a self-starting, information-absorbing, problem-solving personality.
- You’re confident in your ability to discuss search and digital marketing.
- You can synthesize complex digital problems in order to find solutions in search.
- Anything done “half-assed” offends you.
- Technology drives your mind.
- You’re personable.
- You can manage client expectations and relationships, while still contributing to and demanding more of the team around you.
- You stay on top of everything “search.”
- You’re comfortable working with and are very proficient with Excel, content management systems, and the project management.
- You are a Google Analytics expert (experience with other CMS and other web analytics tools a plus).
- You are adept at visual communication and digital execution, presenting strategic plans that clients and our team can understand and implement.
- Your desire for knowledge and independence drives your career.
- You read search and technology blogs and stay current with the latest and greatest news, and can speak intelligently about it – or better yet, blog about it.
- You can write, well.
- Perhaps most importantly, you understand how to communicate and illustrate value to clients.
What You Need to Know About Us
Big Footprint is a search-centric growth marketing agency providing digital marketing solutions customized for businesses with complex products, audiences, and digital predicaments. Founded in 2009 and headquartered in Denver, CO, Big Footprint is built on talent – the collective experience of our team creates value for our clients every day.
We leverage years of industry experience to implement solutions that generate meaningful results for B2B and B2C clients, while providing valuable insights into the marketplace.
We’re growing up fast, and looking for another genius to join us. At Big Footprint you’ll have the opportunity to “own” your role, hone your skills, and develop your professional portfolio while building “expert” status with our evolving network of clients and agency partners. You won’t have to take direction from anyone but your own instincts. You’ll be expected to dive into all aspects of the business and expand your context through ongoing education in the form of industry conferences, content, and collaboration with the rest of the team.